8.26.2009

I Shall Not Walk Alone

This song has been on continuous play on my ipod since last Wednesday, when Pa Bird, after 94 joyful years of life on this earth, finally went home to be with the Lord whom he served so faithfully. The lyrics are so powerful: "Beauty that we left behind, How shall we tomorrow find? Set aside our weight in sin, So that we can live again...When my legs no longer carry, And the warm wind chills my bones, I just reach for Mother Mary, And I Shall Not Walk Alone." Pa Bird was such a bright light in this dark world, and he was always looking after me to make sure I was walking on the straight and narrow. I think I got a Bible from him for Christmas for about 6 years in a row, not to mention many-a letter in the mail at college with clippings from the United Methodist Church Newsletter! So, although Pa Bird is gone from this earth, I know he is with me, and I Shall Not Walk Alone...

4 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Awww...thats sweet! Glad we could be with you to celebrate PaBird's life! Great blogging,or is it yogging? =)

August 27, 2009 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

aw Pa Bird..... such a sweet soul :)

August 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger M.W.H. said...

Bird...so sorry to hear about Pa Bird. What a great man. I will always remember hearing about him and wish that there were more just like him out there. Love you Birdie

September 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!!! He was great wasn't he!!!!!
Love you,
Tab

October 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home