9.11.2008

Things I never thought I'd miss from Mexico

1. The fish tacos from the taco stand on the side of the road in Navajoa. They are AWESOME! I have been craving them for like 2 months, and nobody has them! You eat these with this weird, watery salsa verde stuff that just makes it taste even better! I never thought I'd miss fish tacos, but holy crap, I wish I had 1 right now!!

2. The chickens. Every morning while Carla and I were washing breakfast dishes, I would have to stop and run outside to chase the chickens back to Abuela's house from the garden outside the kitchen. The chickens would always come over to the "casa grande" looking for food scraps, and in the process, mess up all the plants in the garden. I acutally kind of missing chasing them around and watching them scurry away from me! I secretly always wanted to kill 1 with a big rock....is that weird?!

3. Frijoles. I used to Hate bean, like Hate them. I'm talkin...wouldn't even eat Becky Bird's famous baked beans hated beans! Then, I went to Mexico. You can't go to Mexico and not eat beans. Those people eat beans ALL the time, like every single meal. And they know how to cook 'em!! Benita's beans were the best refried beans I have ever had! Not even the best mexican restaurants in town can compare to hers!

4. Tesia. OK, I knew I'd be missing my favorite community in Mexico, but I'm pretty sure a piece of my heart was left there along with some of the bravest, most loving people I've ever met.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home