1.10.2010

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

A lot has changed over the past few weeks. since december 23rd, i have quit my job, moved out of atlanta, moved to nashville, and started graduate school. like i said, a LOT has changed. Em and Jonas have been incredibly generous and supportive by opening their home to me and letting me stay in their guest room until i find a place to live with Danielle, who will be finishing up PT school this spring and getting a job here. The timing has been perfect! I feel completely overwhelmed with how different my life is now compared to just 3 short weeks ago. 3 weeks ago i was living in atlanta, going to work at an advertising agency. now my belongings are scattered between my parents house in knoxville and this guest room in nashville, i had my 1st day of grad school class, and i'm jobless. the word "overwhelmed" almost doesn't give the situation justice. the uncertainty is exciting and frightening at the same time.



it's really nice to be back in a city where i know a lot of people. i get to see 1 of my best friends every single day, i'm about to move in with my best friend from home, and the people who took me in like family in Mexico are a short drive across town. all that definitely makes the transition easier!

i'm anxious to see what nashville has in store for me, and where this new journey is taking me. but most important, i'm anxious to see if i remember how do write papers and read textbooks :)


....because i do love my "top 5" lists:

Top 5 Things I Miss from Atlanta:

1. Mother Tucker: going to movies anywhere else feels like a huge rip-off after paying $5 for every movie i ever saw in atlanta. plus, they served amazing hot dogs :)
2. Apt #3308. that apartment was so awesome and we got a steal of a deal on it.
3. Mykonos Greek Tavern. hands down best hummus i've ever had, and the waitors were always so nice. Nat, Chrissy, and I discovered its greatness way too late, but once we did, we ate it a lot!
4. ummmmm......i dont think i can think of 5 things, i kinda hated atlanta
5. I will miss my friends from 22squared. my buyers were the best and i lucked out as far as bosses and co-workers go. if i could've moved them to nashville with me, i totally would've in a heartbeat.

#1 thing i will NOT miss about altanta? I-85. worst.interstate.ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rochelle Ray said...

We love you so much! Can't wait to see you!!!!

January 10, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home